Wednesday 13 August 2014

Why I Love James Bagshaw.



James Bagshaw is the epitome of cool. His adrogynous choice of clothing coupled with his immensely talented mastery of creating psychedelia makes him my idol. I was lucky enough to meet James before Temples' gig at The Institute in Birmingham on March 4th of this year. He was incredibly friendly and gave me some tips on advancing in the music world. James is my idol. Having released just one album, Temples are now my favourite band, and I'd love nothing more than to see them rise to the unequivocal heights of Arctic Monkeys, Kasabian, and other indie Gods before them.

Bagshaw wearing a 60s inspired shirt.
With his hair making him a dead-ringer for 70s glam-icon Marc Bolan, and his clothes a cross between Jimmy Page, Jimi Hendrix and a 1965 Mod, James is not afraid to associate himself with the vintage and retro look. His music reflects this. Drawing heavily from the works of Joe Meek (The Tornadoes), their sonic sounds and riff-based psych splits your mind between outer-space and 1967, while your feet stay firmly on the ground in 2014, as the recording is far from basic. With band-mates Adam Smith, Thomas Warmsley and Samuel Toms also emulating the retro look, somewhat of a revival of 60s clothing and music has occurred.

Bagshaw's trademark white shoes and supersonic pedal board.

Along with his music and clothing, James' personality is second to none. As I mentioned before, he was glad to give advice to myself as an upcoming musician. He pondered for a few seconds with, 'Ooh that's a tough one!' before replying with, 'Never put anything out that's not unbelievable. Don't settle for a s***ty demo.' And when I asked him for his feelings on Noel Gallagher's comment, 'The future of the galaxy depends on the Temples record,' he grinned and replied with 'Ah, what does he know?'. Meeting James was a truly pleasant experience.
James with girlfriend Lauren Park.

One can only imagine that it was the combination of everything above that attracted his beautiful girlfriend, Lauren Park. The fashion writer, as pictured left, owns the blog 'Novella Afterglow' and frequently posts her own clothing tips and occasionally her adventures with James. The couple are possibly the two most photogenic people I have ever laid eyes on and I could not be happier for the two of them together.

So there you have it. His sensational musical talent, his incredible vintage look and his friendly, down-to-earth personality is why I love James Bagshaw. I can't wait to hear the next release from Temples, and I believe that the only way is up for the awe-inspiring psychedelic outfit.




No comments:

Post a Comment