Monday 25 August 2014

Walking along the beach in the rain

There's something beautiful about walking along the beach in the rain, especially as
 it goes dark. Yesterday evening, I went to Summerleaze Beach in Bude, Cornwall
with my sister, one of our cousins, and a couple of his friends. My cousin, Charlie,
is lucky enough to live in Bude, so the beach is a short five-minute walk from his house.

The cloudy skies in Bude
Paddling


















For a boy from the Midlands, no matter how old, the beach is always novelty.
For someone with a lust for melancholia and sadness, the combination of that with rain
is dreamy. Like a scene from Richard Ayoade's Submarine, we splashed around and
played on the somber, lonely shore.
Georgia, my sister, gooning around.
Adam (our friend) in the background.
Andrew (Adam's brother) and Charlie, the locals


 In my favourite pair of black skinny jeans (Primark, £10) and a navy blue Harrington
purchased from a store on eBay (£12), I strolled across the seafront, with only my
companions also on the beach.




















Seeing an area usually so full of life, in it's solitary emptiness is rather sad, however,
 the sense of freedom that consumes you, as you stare out at the vast emptiness of the
ocean, with nothing in front of you and nothing behind you, is an unparalleled emotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment