Monday 8 September 2014

Beginning Sixth Form

September is here, thank God that I am no longer a mere school pupil, but an AS Level student! I've continued to study at my current school (I suppose I should call it sixth form now!) as the other options were either not up to the same standard, or I was not up to their standard!

First impressions? Scary! I've had two teachers tell me so far that an hour's work at school needs to be consolidated by three hours at home. This means that if I return home at 3:40 and studied all four of my subjects without a break, I would be up until 3:40 the next morning. I don't think they're being serious, are they?

I've taken Spanish, German, History and Music Tech. Languages is my passion. I love conversing in different languages and the appreciation that you receive from foreigners when you attempt to speak their language is second to none. I've always loved History, I find it so, so interesting. I can listen to the stories of Kings, Queens, battles and politics forever. And of course, Music is my passion. Studying in the studio will give me chance to record a lot more of my own music and experiment with high tech equipment, I can't wait!

I've found myself buying lots of ring binders too. I've heard that organisation is key so I'll put trust in that! It's nice to take a laptop into sixth form too. Carrying my iTunes everywhere is a dream!

It's nice that there are a few 'external' students coming in from other schools, it gives me a fresh start in some ways. Teenagers have long memories. If you were a nerd in Year 8, then your classmates back then will see you that way forever. Mad, I know. Unfair, definitely.

It's nice to wear your own clothes. I bought a soon for prom from Burton for around £110. They offered shoes for £10 on top of that deal, so I bought a pair of tan brogues. I then have an array of ties (all in the Mod vain) ranging from paisley, to plain, skinny black to a really awesome cheque one that I can't explain!

I'm really looking forward to the challenges ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment